Thursday, December 6, 2012

Advent Calendar - December 6, 2012 ~ A Visit to Santa Claus

This is part of the "Advent Calendar of Christmas Memories" by Thomas MacEntee of GeneaBloggers. If you'd like to join in the fun, just click HERE.

December 6 – Santa Claus

Did you ever send a letter to Santa? Did you ever visit Santa and “make a list?” Do you still believe in Santa Claus?


Jana and her Brother
Visit Santa Claus

As you can see from the photo above, my brother and I did make a visit to see Santa Claus.  Unfortunately, we didn’t look all too happy to see him.  I was three years old and my brother was two years old at the time.

Between the two of us, I’d say my younger brother was the braver child during our visit, as he had the courage to actually look at Santa.  Whether or not I ever gathered up enough courage to look at Santa, I really don't recall.  Oh well, at least we weren’t screaming our heads off.  And for that, I’m sure Santa was very thankful.

At this special time of year when we celebrate the birth of our Savior, Jesus Christ, I'd like to wish each of you a very Merry Christmas!

Thanks for reading!


Jana

Copyright © Jana Last 2012

5 comments:

  1. If you could see the picture of my older daughter at your age, you'd think I was the meanest mother on earth. She was screaming her head off while I was laughing hysterically ordering the photographer, "Take the picture! Take the picture!" I figured it would be good for laughs in years to come even if it was traumatizing at the time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Wendy,

      Ha! That's funny! So, did they take the picture when you wanted them to? When do we get to see it? And did your daughter develop an irrational fear of men in red suits with white flowing beards?

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. You were both very brave to even be sitting on Santa's lap. That big face-engulfing beard would scare anybody. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cindy,

      Yes, I suppose you're right. Isn't it funny how we plop little kids down on the lap of a perfect stranger dressed in a red suit and hat with a long white beard and expect them to be calm and happy? I guess my brother and I had the "calm" part down, at least for the photo. But the "happy" part? Perhaps, not so much.

      Thanks so much for reading and for your comments!

      Delete
  3. What a delightful picture, Jana! Sometimes these are the best ones - the ones that parents don't plan.

    ReplyDelete

Printfriendly

ShareThis

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...